Dawgs host Young Harris tonight in Athens

The UGA men’s basketball team will play a preseason primer tonight against Young Harris in Stegeman Coliseum at 7:00pm EST.

This weekend I will be running in the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon, meaning that I will not be attending tonight’s contest.

If anyone happens to take in the scrimmage between the Bulldogs and the Mountain Lions, please fill the rest of us in via the comment section below.

Have a nice weekend and Go Dawgs!

November 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Tagged with , , ,

1. Damn shame! I, a season ticket purchaser for 43 yrs will be attending a “spirit party at Cont. Ed.sponsored by YHC, but the Ga. Athletic Dept. FORBIDS the Ga. Tip-off club from having any activity on game day. MONEY TALKS AND THE GA.ATHLETIC DEPT. listens.

Sent from my IPhone.

Brlyle

November 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm

2. I saw about 30 minutes of the 40-minute game. I will say that I was impressed with the caliber of play i saw from YHC (I always thought Pete Herrman was a decent coach). We looked very ragged at times. True, we were up by 21 when I left. But I wasn’t impressed by any of our front-line players other than Donte. While I was there, the most impressive guy on the court was Kenny Gaines. He reminds me a bit of Travis Leslie without quite as much of an elevator (even looks a bit like Travis). I was a bit disappointed by KCP and Neme (both of whom looked disinterested much of the time while on the court). I’m probably being much too critical in that this was a first game and CMF substituted liberally and gave all three frosh lots of floor time. But I certainly wasn’t overwhelmed with what I saw

November 2, 2012 at 10:15 pm

• Thanks for the update! I am glad Gaines lived up to some of the preseason hype I gave him. Hopefully they were playing to their competition:)

November 3, 2012 at 10:18 am

3. I went to the game. Gaines stood out the most. I am really looking forward to watch him develop this year. He will be an incredible player. I agree with the take on the paint players. Thornton looked terrible. In fact, on several occasions he missed open lay-ups. Mann turned the ball over a bit, but that is expected out of a freshman. I thought that overall the team looked a lot better than last year. I see a lot of potential with this team and some surprise wins, not against UK or UF, but against Alambama or Missouri possibly. I always enjoy your insight and I look forward to a season full of surprises! Go Dawgs!

Winderdawg

November 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm

4. So, I only looked at the box score (proud member of the Austin, TX UGA Alumni group) but it seems like John Cannon made a real impact. I imagine that he came on late, but his line was impressive nonetheless. 8 pts (4-5) 7rbs and 3 blocks in just 13 minutes. Cannon is a guy that stood out to me late in the season last year and I’m hoping that we put his 6-10 frame to good use. I feel like if we get somethign from Cannon we don’t have to depend much on Florveus, which might not be a bad thing.

Justin

November 4, 2012 at 2:18 am

5. Seth Emerson‏@SethEmerson:

Really impressed with Georgia freshman guard Kenny Gaines. Solid player, good build, heady instincts.

November 4, 2012 at 9:08 am